The Bible is central and understood to be the trustworthy record of God's revelation of Himself to His creation. Believing God speaks through the Bible, the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments are the foundation for everything we teach.
325ce church leaders gathered for the first time in the Roman city of Nicaea. Collaboratively, they summarized the essentials of Christian belief. This first written Christian Creed is our statement of faith.
We believe …
- in one God the Father, All-Sovereign,!maker of heaven and earth, and Creator of all things visible and invisible.
- in one Lord Jesus Christ,!the only Son of God, begotten of the Father before all creation. Eternally existing as God of God, Light of Light, very God of very God, begotten—not made. He is of one substance with the Father, through whom all things were made.
- for all people and for our salvation!Jesus came from heaven and was made flesh by the Holy Spirit of the virgin Mary, and was made man. He was crucified for us under Pontius Pilate. Jesus suffered and was buried.
- on the third day He rose again!as recorded in the Scriptures (Bible), and ascended into heaven.
- Jesus is at the right hand of the Father. He shall return to earth in glory!to judge both the living and the dead. His kingdom shall have no end.
- in the Holy Spirit, the Lord and life-giver,!who proceeds from the Father. Who with the Father and the Son together is worshiped and glorified, and spoke through the prophets.
- in one universal and apostolic church,!acknowledging one baptism. We anticipate the resurrection of the dead, and life eternal.